Translate

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Jesus Wasn’t Really Killed.


Now before you go writing me off, please hear me out. Jesus did die on the cross. He was buried, and He did rise again. However, if you look at what the Bible says, Jesus was not actually killed. He did die for the sins of the world. But He died of his own accord. He gave up his life. No one took it from him. Ergo, Jesus was not killed. Read with me, if you will, John 10:17-18 and Luke 23:44-46 

“The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again. No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.” 
~John 10:17-18 New Living Translation (NLT) [Emphasis Added]

“By this time it was about noon, and darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock. The light from the sun was gone. And suddenly, the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn down the middle. Then Jesus shouted, ‘Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!’ And with those words he breathed his last.
~Luke 23:44-46 New Living Translation (NLT) [Emphasis Added]

No one took Jesus’ life. Not the Jews. Not the Roman executioners. No one. He laid down his life voluntarily for us, and he took it back again when he rose from the dead.
Also, I want you to notice that the Bible says Jesus is the one who had authority to lay down his live and to take it up again. (John 2:18-22, 10:17-18
Now if the Bible is to be believed, then according to Jesus, he raised himself from the dead. When you compare this claim to what is said in verses like Acts 2:24 and Romans 8:11, the only logical conclusion is that Jesus and God are one and the same. Which is exactly what Jesus said in John 10:30.

Jesus died extremely fast for a crucifixion victim. The Bible tells us that the Roman guards were so skeptical that they decided to make sure he was dead by stabbing him in the chest with a spear. (John 19:34) But Jesus had already given up his spirit.

No one killed Jesus. He gave up his life on his own. Paying our debt once and for all, so that we could be made right with God.

No comments: