Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Does the Bible Contradict Itself?

    Now, while I fully intended to write a lengthy dissertation on the subject of whether or not the
Bible can be trusted or if it contains any contradictions, I have discovered that there are many authors out there who have already done this job for me. With that in mind, I have decided to simply share the links to their works on the subject, as I feel it would be far easier on you, the reader, if you are given the opportunity to narrow your search to specific passages of scripture; seeing as how Biblical constancy is such a broad topic.

    For a generalized overview concerning supposed scriptural contradictions, I suggest reading the following chapter from The New Answers Book 2 by Paul S. Taylor: Ins't the Bible Full of Contradictions?

    If you already have a supposed Biblical inconsistency in mind, I suggest reviewing the questions and verse references from Answers in Genesis, as they have already address many of the more common "contradictions": Supposed Contradictions in the Bible

    If, however, you cannot find the answers you're looking for or if you are curious to see what my take on a particular "contradiction" is, please leave a comment below and I will do my best to address the issue. Assuming I have not already done so in a previous article. In which case I will simply direct you to the appropriate post.


"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right."
2 Timothy 3:16 New Living Translation (NLT)

No comments: